seriously i don’t know what’s going on with me.
i normally don’t enjoy cooking.
heck i pat myself on the back when i order and get pizza on the table just in time for the husband to walk in.
i actually enjoyed and was so giddy when i made this.
signs of the apocalypse?
no, it’s just that i had super ripe bananas and yogurt (husband came with me grocery shopping last week and wanted bananas and yogurt…and… well now we have a ton of browning bananas and a ton of yogurt…and a husband who is so over banana’s and vanilla yogurt.)
super moist banana bread:
* 2 cups plain flour (i used wheat, i KNOW… double apocalypse right around the corner!)
* 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
* pinch of salt
* 2 eggs (beaten)
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 cups of mashed overripe bananas
*1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional for topping)
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional for topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, yogurt and the mashed bananas and mix well.
3. Slowly stir in the flour, adding a little at a time. Then mix in the baking soda and salt, mixing thoroughly.
4. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan. If the mixture is too stiff to pour you may want to add a little more yogurt and mix well until you reach the desired consistency. Only mix in a little yogurt at a time to avoid making the mixture too runny.
5. (Optional) sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar on top of loaf.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven at 350F for around 60 minutes. Oven times may vary, so check to see if the loaf is ready by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of the loaf. It should come out completely clean when ready.
7. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool fully.
ours was gone in 2 hours
thank heavens i still have more banana’s and yogurt!